We are all creative. As far back as we can go in history, creativity has always been a part of what makes us human.
Just because we don’t know how to draw life-like images or compose a symphony, doesn’t mean we are not creative.
We all have a creative fire that lives inside of us and is expressed in different ways. There is no limit on how our creativity can be expressed and we all have the potential to create.
Through my spiritual journey I have started to discover that creativity holds great significance when it comes to connecting with your soul or authentic self.
In fact by tuning into that creative fire that burns within, you can connect more powerfully with your soul. For some people, creativity can even be more affective at this than meditation.
Creativity is beyond powerful and can be extremely healing and enlightening, but often we underestimate the power and importance of creativity.
For some reason as a society, we chalk up creativity as a talent that only a select few are blessed with. This is just not true and robs us from tapping into part of our spiritual potential.
When we make room for creativity in our lives however and start activating our creative muscles, it can be extremely transformative.
Here is just a little taste of what creativity can bring into your life-
- Deeper connection with your soul
- Outlet for your emotions
- Strengthening of your intuition
- Deeper passion, inspiration and motivation
- Alignment with your purpose
- Raising of your vibration
- Releasing of stagnant energy
The reason that creativity has so many amazing benefits is because it requires us to tune into a deeper and more connected place. It requires us to really surrender and release control of the logical mind in order to allow our creations to take physical form.
Creativity also puts us in the vibration of manifestation. When we create, we take a hands on role in shaping the world around us and the energy that follows us through life. This in turn helps us to become powerful manifestors of our own destiny.
Being creative also allows us to tune into our heart and what it truly desires. This is because the creative process is often a heart driven one and teaches us how to listen and follow what our heart is really saying.
Creativity is also fun and creates opportunities for joy and play. It also offers us a way to relax and unwind, especially after a long day.
But how do we begin? How do we begin tuning into our creative selves and experiencing the amazing benefits of creativity?
Here is how to get started-
1. Understand that you are a creative being.
2. Creativity includes but is not limited to- dancing, acting, singing, painting, drawing, writing, knitting, crocheting, decorating, modelling, sculpting, baking, problem solving, inventing, playing music, gardening, building, colouring, designing, sketching, photography, making movies and the list goes on and on.
3. Start experimenting with whatever creative project takes your fancy.
4. Make time for your creative project everyday. If you are just getting started or really want to experience the benefits, aim to do something creative everyday for at least 30 days straight.
5. Don’t worry about perfectionism or failure- make it fun.
Are you ready to create?